A Career in Agricultural Engineering
By: Emma O.
What is Agricultural Engineering?
A type of engineering that:
- deals with the design, construction, and imporvement of farming equipment
- is important for the production and processing of food.
What do Agricultural Engineers do?
- Solve agricultural problems concerning:
- power supplies
- efficiency of machinery
- use of structures and facilities
- pollution and environmental issues
- storage and processing of agricultural products
- Use computer software to design equipment.
- Work in farming, forestry, and food processing
- Oversee construction of their projects
Where do they work and what are their hours?
- Work in offices
- Frequent outdoor projects to visit and inspect the conditions of the farms
they are working for
- Agricultural engineering is a full time job
How much money do they make?
What good does Agricultural Engineering do for humanity?
- Imroves the efficiency of the farming industry
- Agriculture is an important part of the US economy, by helping improve the
efficiency of the farms, agricultural engineers help to stimulate the
How do you become an Agricultural Engineer?
- Taking high school courses in mathematics and sciences
- College courses include:
- advanced calculus
- Recieve a bachlor's degree in agricultural or biological engineering
- Have hands-on experience in science, math, and engineering
Colleges for Agricultural Engineering