Howard County General Safety Practices
The use of the Technology Lab is a privilege. Therefore, the following safety practices must be followed at all times.
- Follow all directions first time given.
- Be courteous in language and actions.
- Be on time and prepared to participate.
- Respect other people and their property.
- Eye protection must be worn while students are processing materials.
- Running and playing is not allowed in the Technology Lab.
- Throwing any object in the Technology Lab is not allowed.
- Students will only be able to use tools and machines while the Technology Teacher is in the Lab.
- Students should wear clothing that protects their arms, legs, and feet from injury.
- Students must pass all tool and machine tests with 100% accuracy before they are allowed to use them.
- Keep the floor and working surfaces clean and dry at all times.
- Hair that presents a safety hazard must be tied back.
- Respect all tools and machines.
- When in doubt, ask your teacher.
- Report any incident to the Teacher.